A Wonderful Blessing

"I believe that God sent you into my life to give me something to fight for, to show me there is love in this world, to give me hope and to bring me joy. All the proof in God I need is in you. You are the gift from the heavens."


After months of trying to conceive, finally the God Almighty gave me the only thing I ever wished for on my birthday – a miracle of life in my tummy. Imagine the happiness I felt when I found out that I’m pregnant a few weeks after my birthday. It was all over the place. I was over the moon, in 7th heaven and on cloud nine. I knew right at that moment, my life has changed; I will not just take care of myself but also the growing life in my womb as well.

The first 3 months was terrifying because it is the time the baby is developing. I have to be extra careful to get through to the “danger period”. There are many changes going on in my body not to mention the occasional emotional outbreak because of that thing called “hormones”. Lucky for me, I did not experience so much of the morning sickness other than headaches on some occasions and being too lethargic most of the time. I have no particular cravings as well. I eat whenever I feel famished but sometimes if I do crave for a certain food and didn’t eat it, my tummy goes ballistic and it’s very annoying and crazy.  My first ultrasound was pretty special because that is the first time I saw my baby in the monitor. It felt surreal but at the same time magical. It was a proof that there’s really another life growing inside my tummy! Oh men, He was so active during that time. Kicking his feet and moving his hands, showing off to his mum and dad. I guess he was excited as well that his parents are seeing him for the first time. 

Being pregnant is so tough and yet very fulfilling.  It’s a wonderful journey seeing my tummy growing each week. Hearing his heartbeat, knowing his gender and feeling his first nudge/kick is yet another remarkable milestone I could not even translate how happy I am. I do not mind the pain I'm suffering from all the blood tests as long as to ensure my baby's health. I do not care and I’m not even insecure with the changes physically because I know I’m even beyond beautiful with my baby inside my tummy.

I’m looking forward to meet my little one in the next 3 months. I always pray to the Lord to keep my unborn child safe and healthy. I know it will be very painful, I can imagine already but he is definitely worth the pain I will go through. 



2 comments

  1. This is so sweet, Aubrey! I LOVE the quote at the top of this article. I'm beyond excited for you to be welcoming your baby boy soon! It is such a life-changing blessing being a mom. Anything that happens in that delivery room will be just a distant memory as soon as you hold him. Enjoy your last bit of time before he gets here, as your world will soon be so different (but in a wonderful way!). Sending prayers for a safe, quick and wonderful delivery for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jillian! Thank you for your sweet and encouraging words and prayers! I know it will be very painful, I can imagine already but he is definitely worth all the pain I will go through and the positive side of it is, I will finally be able to see him and hold him in my arms. Thank you for dropping by my blog =)

    xo, Aubrey

    ReplyDelete