Besties Forever


These girls, Dan, Jill and Yammie are few of my closest friend way back since my college days. They were my classmates from my freshman year up to my senior year. Looking back, we unravel our college life together, facing the same dilemma on our student life up to sharing and giggling over our crushes. Life back then is just so easy. We were inseparable those days maybe because we’re classmates till the very end but the thing is, what we have is far more beyond being classmates. I did find true and real friends in them. I remember we used to write letters to one another, used to participate and perform together with the rest of our barkada (14na –a group of eccentric people who knows nothing but fun and I love them).

Right after graduation and moving up to the corporate world seeing each other is next to impossible, let alone special occasions. The few years were fine as we manage to find time out of our busy schedule but eventually we hardly get in touch with each other to the point that we lost communication at all. Only just recently that I’ve got the chance to reunite with them and it is comforting to know that after all these years, they still remain friends I used to know – FUNNY & BUBBLY women.

Hanging out with these girls meant no dull moment. Yes, we do talk about matters of our life seriously but more often it’s all about having a good laugh over our silliness up to the corniest joke one can utter. One thing I love about them is that they can bring out my funny side. Though I admit, I can’t be that funny person, I am the silent type. But whenever I am in their company, I can be the most talkative person that I can be.

"A friend is not a coincidence in our life. They were a stranger meant to come into our life to bring us priceless lessons and funny memories."

I am so lucky to find such a wonderful friendship in them. I know, I met and made friends to a lot of people but only few stood by and stick with me through my ups and downs and I'm pleased to say that they’re one of those people. They are like sisters to me whom I can trust and tell all my shortcomings in life and yet will never criticize me. They are the one who constantly cheers me up and make me feel good about myself. And more importantly, they accept me for who I am with no hesitation even in my most cranky self.

I look forward for more years of friendship with them. I know eventually we will have our own families that will be our top priorities someday but I am hoping that it will not be a hindrance in keeping in touch but rather it will keep us more bonded and open to each other. CHEERS TO OUR FRIENDSHIP!