A Week of 'Foie Gras"

Just recently, our company invited a representative chef from Rougie, Chef Jocelyn Deumie, to give demonstration to  some well-known hotels and culinary school on Foie gras. Pan-fried, poached, terrine are among the dishes he prepared and lucky, I got to taste some of them. I admit, my palate was never a fan of liver but Foie gras is different. It has very rich in taste. My personal favorite is the pan-fried.


Chef Jocelyn Deumie is the culinary advisor for Rougie who is based in Japan. Rougie is the world’s #1 producer of foie gras and moulard duck specialties founded in 1875 based in the medieval town of Sarlat, PĂ©rigord, France.


A cocktail night was held in Chesa Bianca to highlight the different dishes made by Chef Jocelyn. The guests who attended were chefs from different hotels and some press. Foie gras was entirely different experience for me having to meet and greet personally Chef Jocelyn and to know more about Foie gras.